||Scott James Ends Terrific 2011 Season with Fall 50 Triumph at Florence!
(BRIGHT, INDIANA) Bright, Indiana standout Scott James concluded his 2011 racing season with his sixth feature win of the year last Saturday night, October 22 at the venerable Florence Speedway in Union, Kentucky! The unsanctioned 'Fall 50' was held at the Cincinnati-area speedplant over the weekend and a strong field of competitors packed into the pit area. Scott started near the tail of his heat race, but drove up through the field to finish second in the prelim.
By virtue of earning the second most passing points through the heat races, Scott started from the outside of the front row in the 50-lap main event. Armed with a hard tire selection for the 'Fall 50,' Scott trailed polesitter Tyler Reddick for the first 28 circuits, but took command following a lap 29 restart. The popular driver known as the "Silver Shark" stretched his lead in the waning laps to record the $5,000 win over Josh McGuire, Kent Robinson, Eddie Carrier, Jr., and Greg Johnson. Complete results from the season finale for the #81 team can be located online at www.florencespeedway.com.
"That was an awesome way to end our season," exclaimed James following the Florence triumph. "We went with a hard tire combination, which hurt us early in the race and (Tyler) Reddick took off from us a little bit. Then about the halfway point, our stuff really got rolling and we were able to get by him on a restart and capture the win. I have to thank Scott Riggs and everyone at Riggs Motorsports for their support, as well as all of our great sponsors. It has been a terrific year for us and we will work hard this off-season to get things ready for 2012!"
With the 2011 season now in the books, the #81 team can reflect on their strong year. Scott entered fifty-one Dirt Late Model events in '11 and reached victory lane on six different occasions. In addition, he amassed nineteen Top Fives and thirty-two Top Tens. On the rigorous UMP Summer Nationals trail, Scott parlayed his consistent finishes into a second place effort in the final series point standings. Below are some of the accomplishments from his 2011 campaign:
* $5,000 UMP Summer Nationals Winner at the Cedar Lake (WI) Speedway
* $5,000 UMP Summer Nationals Winner at the Highland (IL) Speedway
* $5,000 Fall 50 Winner at the Florence (KY) Speedway
* $5,000 North/South 100 Tune-Up Winner at the Florence (KY) Speedway
* $2,000 Unsanctioned Winner at the Florence (KY) Speedway
* $1,500 Weekly Winner at the Florence (KY) Speedway
* Finished Second in UMP Summer Nationals Point Standings
* Finished Second in $10,000 World of Outlaws Show at the Bluegrass (KY) Speedway
* Finished Second in $5,000 Spring 50 at the Florence (KY) Speedway
* Finished Third in $10,000 Ralph Latham Memorial at the Florence (KY) Speedway
* Finished Fifth in $20,000 Jackson 100 at the Brownstown (IN) Speedway
* Finished Sixth in $7,000 Knoxville Late Model Nationals Prelim at the Knoxville (IA) Raceway
* Finished Eighth in $30,000 Show-Me 100 at the Lucas Oil (MO) Speedway
* Made Starting Field for $44,000 World 100, $40,000 Knoxville Late Model Nationals, and $50,000 Dirt Track World Championship
Scott James and the Riggs Motorsports team would like to thank the following group of sponsors for their continued support: Clearwave Communications, Murphy Motorsports, JFR Graphics, Rocket Chassis, Jay Dickens Racing Engines, A-1 Technologies, Bert Transmission, Beyea Headers, Braswell Carburetion, Dan Olson Racing Products, Delph Communications, Dyer's Top Rods, Goodridge, GW Performance, Hoosier Racing Tires, Integra Shocks, Joe Gibbs Driven Racing Oil, Jones Racing Products, Performance Bodies, Peterson Fluid Systems, R2C Performance, Sweet Mfg., VP Race Fuels, Weld Wheels, Wiles Driveshafts, Wilwood Engineering.
Keep up with the "Silver Shark" Scott James all year long by accessing his official home on the Internet located at www.scottjamesmotorsports.com.