||Hershel Roberts Memorial Deery July 20 at Quad City Speedway, East Moline
EAST MOLINE, Ill. – Quad City Speedway remembers one of its own Wednesday, July 20 when the gates open for the Hershel Roberts Memorial Deery Brothers Summer Series event.
The 10th stop on the silver anniversary IMCA Late Model tour pays $2,000 to win and a minimum of $250 to start.
Roberts, who died May 3 at the age of 68, was a long-time competitor at East Moline. The Quad City Speedway Hall of Famer and his son Ken fielded the ride Ray Guss Jr. piloted to Deery and national IMCA titles last season.
Pit gates open at 4:30 p.m., the grandstand opens at 5 p.m., hot laps are at 6:30 p.m. and racing begins at 7 p.m. Grandstand admission is $10 for adults, $9 for seniors, $4 for kids ages 6 through 12 and free for five and under.
More information about the Rock Island County Fair program is available by calling promoter Shane Davis at 563 528-3252.
Point leader Andy Eckrich and Brian Harris have each won twice through the first nine Deery events of the season. One-time winners are Matt Ryan, Matt Bailey, Mike Murphy, Jeff Aikey and Terry Neal.
What was to have been the first series race at East Moline this year was rained out after heats were complete back on April 17. Wednesday’s program will start from scratch, noted Tour Director Kevin Yoder, and any new entries are welcome.
Quad City Speedway also hosts the Sept. 24-25 series finale.
Deery Brothers Summer Series top 20 point standings –
1. Andy Eckrich, Iowa City, Iowa, 416;
2. Terry Neal, Ely, Iowa, 409;
3. Ray Guss Jr., Mi lan, 403;
4. Tyler Bruening, Decorah, Iowa, 394;
5. Tom Dar byshire, Morn ing Sun, Iowa, 391;
6. Justin Reed, Quincy, 365;
7. Colby Spring steen, Morning Sun, Iowa, 349;
8. Mike Mur phy, Colona, 339;
9. Nate Beuseling, Silvis, 335;
10. Darrel DeFrance, Marshalltown, Iowa, 322;
11. Matt Strass heim, Morning Sun, Iowa, 313;
12. Charlie McKenna, Clear Lake, Iowa, 274;
13. Sam Halstead, New London, Iowa, 250;
14. Jay John son, West Burlington, Iowa, 242;
15. Jeff Ai key, Cedar Falls, Iowa, 238;
16. Mike Garland, Morrison, 230;
17. T.J. Criss, Os kaloosa, Iowa, 226;
18. Boone McLaughlin, Mediapolis, Iowa, 223;
19. Brian Harris, Davenport, Iowa, 212;
20. Mark Burgtorf, Quincy, 195.